>  From experience (including from this thread) I'd say that the list is
> not kept unless there is a K.

Absolutely right!  The definition is that termination of a command clears
any default select list  unless the K processor mode is set in the VOC
record.  Many years ago, I wrote a command whose whole job was to create a
select list.  Having come from the world of PI/open, it took me ages to
uncover why the list never seemed to be there.

Incidentally (Sorry Chuck, I'm at it again), I have come across one user who
thought CS was a shortform for CLEARSELECT and reported it as a bug that it
cleared the screen.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB
+44-(0)1604-709200