Cliff,
I would like to thank you for being a selfless and non-partisan moderator as
well as an apparent workaholic all these years, supporting the needs of the
Universe/Unidata user base as well as the incredibly diverse whimsey found
within the ranks of your loosely coupled band of angels.

I am truly saddened to see the transition of this forum from one of
"folk-art" to a structured forum where the genius of those offering their
wisdom and well thought out (or sometimes merely inspired) solutions, will
thereafter become the intellectual properties of IBM.

I heartily agree with Martin Phillips, that I would think twice and consult
our legal advisors before posting anything (perhaps even a link to another
site) to the IBM forum.  It appears that the legal language would allow IBM
to:
"use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform,
promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative
works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such license will apply with
respect to any form, media, technology known or later developed"

... perhaps even in cases where a link to another site was provided.

I am saddened to see that the 60's are over and that 1984 is indeed upon us.

comp.databases.pick would certainly welcome anyone willing to post.  There
is certainly a large group of active posters with a diverse set of skills
and experience that would be happy to interact with the Universe/Unidata
population.

I for one am certainly in favor of a large, united front for all of us
involved with a "non-normalized first firm, nested, post-relational
database" and all of it's 19 +/- variants.

Lee Bacall, President
Binary Star Development Corporation
http://www.binarystar.com
Phone: +1 (954) 791-8575