Goo'day,

Is this conversation going anywhere?

All I can recall is a rant and rave about (IMO, incorrect) perceived deficiencies of UV from this bloke, followed by a stream of invective towards any responder that had the temerity to offer a different outlook, and for the past couple of days, nothing but what "our UV shop" and "our UV developers" are doing wrong .....

Is UV to blame for this? Is UV an inferior product because of this?
If UV is so bad at "your shop" why haven't you got rid of it? Or, don't your people listen to the ramblings of "mental midgets"?

Get a life, Joe, and let us get on with ours....

Actually, this bloke comes across like a marginally-better-spoken version of that DanFisher bloke that terrorises cdp from time-to-time, but a troll's still a troll.....

At 14:28 05/04/04, you wrote:
<snip>

>I suspect that there is a large body of U2 practitioners out there
>(maybe Joe's colleagues among them) who are "living in the past"
>to some extent, who have not kept up with new and different (and
>sometimes more performant) ways of doing things.

This is VERY VERY True... I have found this to be Very True, especially in
our UV Shop.
Most UV Developers in OUR Shop are Not Concerned with Performance,
never criticize their code Or try to find better ways of development. Most
of OUR
UV Developers come from the OLD School.. where most Processes Took Minutues.
Some of us have worked with Other Enterprise Tools and Minutes are A BIG
SURPRISE To US.

The other day.. i was inspecting a UV File with a UV Developer, he ran a
"COUNT FILENAME"
on our Customer Master... (BTW Quad CPU 4GHZ)... It took 12-15 Minutes to
get a result
back from UV. The file only had 800,000 Records.

This kind of Operation normally takes "ZERO" Milliseconds in any Enterprise
RDBMS.

I had nothing to say but LAUGH!.

Joe Eugene

--