From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Karl L Pearson
Sent: 21 April 2004 19:20
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: RE: What client platform do YOU use (Parallel to GUI thread)

I attended a VMWare symposium sponsored by IBM, Novell and a local
(quite large) consulting/programming/implementation firm. The
representative from Novell stated they would be completely off M$
products by the end of the year with nearly all desktops using Suse
Linux and OpenOffice.org for their office suite. Apparently Novell has
purchased Suse, or at least a 'port' of Suse. Also, he stated that all
of Novell's commercial products would continue to run on Windows,
because of client demand, however their main focus would be in
writing/rewriting everything to run on Linux. That project was to have
been completed by last week, with announcements coming soon. Since I'm
not even remotely involved with Novell products, I haven't kept tabs on
that portion of the project.

The IBM reps stated they they are also moving off M$ products.

Just my 2 '.01's (insert appropriate currency marker)

Karl

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and
confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on
anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way,
or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error
or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information
system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong
Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.