From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dennis Bartlett
Sent: 28 April 2004 04:55
To: 'U2 Users Discussion List'
Subject: Input weirdo...

We have a program looping through all data files searching for something
- sometimes it gets to a file containing several million records and we'd
like to be able to tell it to skip that file and continue with the next
file. We've tried the following approaches with said
results:
   (1) OPT.OUT = KEYIN() ; if OPT.OUT = 1 then EXIT
       OPT.OUT = 0
       the program sits waiting for input in every iteration, ie every
record

   (2) INPUT OPT.OUT,-1 ; if OPT.OUT = 'S' then EXIT
       OPT.OUT = 0
       CLEARDATA
       CLEARINPUT
       the program works perfectly until an 'S' is entered then skips every
file after that...

       HOWEVER, if I press Ctrl-Break, enter DEBUG, enter C(ontinue), the
program continues as normal until another 'S' is
       entered..

Obviously the machine still has something in the input buffer, despite the
CLEARDATA, something that gets whacked when debug hits the scene...

Any ideas?