Hi,

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 6:36 AM, Jeremy Bicha <jbi...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
remmina was recently removed from the soon-to-be-released Debian 9
"Stretch". [1]

Frankly, remmina has not been that well-maintained recently. See the Debian bug.

Partially true. Remmina only abandoned older 1,1.x version. Their developer encourages everyone to use 1.2.x. It is well maintained (see commit history: https://github.com/FreeRDP/Remmina/commits/next

The debian reporter/maintainer don't want to import 1.2 simply because a plugin doesn't work with 1.2 which is atrocious. I think there was some misunderstanding between them. This issue needs to be addressed as quickly as possible.

GNOME on Wayland does not currently support remote desktop sharing.
The GNOME developers would like to have a remote desktop replacement
(similar to how Night Light provided redshift-like features on GNOME
on Wayland) but I don't think that's gotten very far yet. [2] When it
is implemented, it will be done "natively" so it won't need vino.

This is my main objection (along with pkexec issue) about making wayland default. How will users use remote desktop in 17.10 then? Can we not just use X for this cycle until these issues are fixed in upstream?

Also, I feel there should also be a X session and xorg libraries installed by default so that user can switch to X from gdm/lightdm.

Thanks.