On 2011-07-25 16:11:43 +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 05:01:35PM +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> > I agree that the name is misleading and it's unfortunate that it
> > confuses applicants. It'd be good to change it something sensible. Even
> > if we just change it in the documentation.
>
> I just added a discussion item to the next DMB agenda to rename the team
> to Ubuntu Development Members. This is in line with the other delegated
> (non RMB) membership names, and I think is much less confusing.

I'm for a name change but only if it makes things more clear and easier
to understand. But I disagree on "Ubuntu Development Members" as it's
too easy to mix it up with "Ubuntu Developers". If applicants assume
they get upload rights when they are members of "Ubuntu Development
Members" nothing is gained.

Michael