On 10/18/07, nan budh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Friends,
> If anyone of you are using these, could you please comment on performance of
> the processors given below? especially about cooling, energy consumption and
> of course speed.
>
> AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-56
>
> Intel(R) Core™2 Duo  T5250

I have an AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-58 (65nm 1.9 ghz) in an HP Pavilion
tx1302au tablet PC I got just this Saturday. It has 2 GB RAM.

I can't comment on performance *comparison* against Intel but it works
pretty zippy for me. The tablet's far-right underside becomes warm but
does not get too hot. Even Windows Vista boots up and shuts down
pretty quick and there is no responsiveness issues, the 2 GB RAM helps
here.

I've installed both Gutsy beta and openSUSE 10.3 final. Managed to get
the broadcom wireless working along with the touchscreen. Fingerprint
reader support doesn't look too encouraging.

Both Gutsy beta and openSUSE 10.3 worked well with no speed issues.
The CPU frequency scaling (default is "dynamic") seems to work. The
/proc/cpuinfo shows it running at 800mhz by default.

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."