On Mon, 25 Apr 2016, Set Hallstrom wrote:

I think we should be looking at our video sequencers. I just got this link from zequence:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Policy#Selecting_preinstalled_packages
that states: "No duplication of tools: If two applications do the same exact thing, only one of them should be included."

Atm we have 4 video sequencers:
Blender, Kdenliv, Pitivi and openshots.

Blender does quite a lot of things that non of the other 3 does, so it is not up for removal. I always got the feeling that kdenlive is a more complete and

Blender also fills another spot in graphics (3d creation) and so remains for that as well. However the learning curve is high and so there are other choices.

professional VSE than pitivi and openshots. I wanted to state that there would be a choice between the 2 basic VSE's that are good for beginners: openshots and pitivi, but it seems pitivi has come a long way lately. Perhaps that means it would be good to keep openshot for beginners, and put our choice between kdelive en pitivi?

If there is something that can fill the spot that kdenlive, That would be a good choice. If it was possible to not have KDE apps at all that would be preferable, but including them because there is nothing else as good is better than picking second best.

Video is not my area (at least video editing) as I don't do enough of it.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net