Greetings,
 new guy here, shyly putting his hand up after having used ubuntu studio
for years, feeling like I should at least try to show some support to the
wonderful folks behind the scenes...

as a user,
I support dropping MyPaint in favour of Krita - I agree that Krita is
actively under development and growing their community. Cross-pollination
of support may occur?

pikopixel - I was unaware of it, it looks dang pretty. Again looks to have
support and growth in its community. Do you want any preliminary testing of
install/issues done? (That is about the extent of my tech contribution at
the moment - I can run up various install on different hardware
combinations to help test how it plays in UbuntuStudio, before going to
vote?)

regards,
Jack