On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Ralf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> A good idea to provide 2 different desktop meta packages, if somebody
> has the time and knowledge to maintain the GNOME package.
>
> I might have some time to contribute some work, but I guess not the
> knowledge to help here. Resp. how could I (and perhaps other people)
> contribute something regarding to the DE issue?

> Ralf
>
> thanks for the interest Ralph. the team could use your help. we have
testing/planning always on going that any not-technical user could help with
(i am that kind of user with no coding skills). i can only speak for my
process for brainstorming the continued gnome2 support idea. i went to the
IRC, pinged team lead Scott Lavendar (ScottL) and actually havent had a
chance to talk to him about it yet. then, i sent an email to the
ubuntustudio-devel list asking briefly 'is this even possible' and i had a
chat on the IRC with user 'ailo' about it. moving forward from there will
depend on what ScottL says when we catch up later today. its really up to
you how you want to get involved in these changes. if you would like to
schedule some time on the IRC, i can make a 30 minute window available for
you and i to hang and communicate in the -devel channel. i really appreciate
this attitude. we, as a community (especially the ubuntustudio community)
need to adopt an attitude 'if its broke, fix it'. there are simple things
that you and i as non-technical users can do such as documentation, wiki
updating, advocacy and meeting planning. let me know when you would like to
meet up on the IRC. thats really where realtime discussion and collaboration
happens. thanks

MH

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
http://wnclug.ourproject.org/