On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 09:10 +0200, Pablo Fernandez wrote:
> El 09/05/2013 02:46, "leo" <le...@yahoo.com> escribió:
> > An update may help. I just don't know if Tim's advice would work
> with my version of Ubuntu or break it....
>
> I don't think it will break it but it won't help automagically solve
> jack configuration or card ordering issues. Solve those first, I
> suggest

I recommend it too. The current issues seems to occur between chair and
keyboard. It's less a user error, but perhaps some missing configuration
that has to be done by the user.

After we found out what is going wrong, we can give some hints, how to
store and restore audio sessions. I for example write scripts and use
http://aj-snapshot.sourceforge.net/ to store and restore connections, if
needed. I avoid to use jack dbus. Others from this list for sure could
give some hints, how to use session managers.

IMO Linux audio users should subscribe to
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user too, perhaps the
most important mailing list for Linux audio. There are other interesting
lists, but there's no need to subscribe to all lists, however, I suggest
to join LAU too. Regarding to the current issue Ubuntu Studio Users is a
good place to ask, so no need to ask the same question on another list.