Also note that translations of the LibreOffice desktop entries
unfortunately cannot be delivered through language packs. There has been
some work done in this direction, but I don't know the current status.
It seems that https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+bug/696549
has been marked as Fix Released, but from the comments I gather there is
still some work to do, and we should perhaps open a separate bug for the
remaining bits left.

We already have that, and there are even detailed instructions on how to fix it: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+bug/512395

696549 was on the other hand a little bit misunderstood, I think it was about
that the desktop files use the names LO Writer, LO Calc etc. and not LO Text
Editor, LO Spreadsheet, like OO.o did.

Regards
Gabor Kelemen