On 03/02/12 15:48, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
> On 2012-02-03 14:26, Alan Pope wrote:
>> It's a "Super Hub". I have one. It's just a custom netgear device with a
>> cable modem internally. Some people have had issues with it, but that's
>> nothing to do with Linux.
> So it's a router+modem? Has NAT and all that?
>
> Can it present a public IP to my own router downstream of it, as my current
> Virgin modem does?
>
> Regards,
> Tyler

Nobody is getting special treatment, this is a blanket upgrade for all
VirginMedia cable customers.
I'll see an upgrade from 30MB to 60MB in October.

The SuperHub (modem and wifi router) can be put into 'modem only' mode.
This is how I have mine set so that I can use my own Cisco/Linksys wifi
router running dd-wrt.

Generally, when VM works, it's great. When it goes tits-up, their CS can
be a bit pants.

Cheers,
Iain