On 03/02/12 14:10, Andres Muniz wrote:
Hello all,

just in case it is of interest. I am a virjin media costumer with 5mb
broadband (good enough for me). I just had a call home offering the
double up for free.

Do you have Virgin media cable (i.e you have a box on the front of your house with a thick cable coming out of it, most like a TV aerial or satellite cable) or do you have a modem or router which plugs into your phone line?

If you're getting Virgin Broadband over a phone line (i.e. their 'National Service') I gather they won't be upgrading this, just the cable broadband customers.

The Super Hub will work fine though. You can with the newer firmwares set it to work as just a cable modem (I believe it uses the first ethernet port) and then provides the static IP to whatever is plugged into it so you can use your own router, or even a PC etc as a router.

Personally I just leave it in NAT mode, seems to work okay now (used to be really bad but seems to have improved over the past year).

Rob