On Feb 3, 2012 2:07 PM, "Andres Muniz" <andre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> just in case it is of interest. I am a virjin media costumer with 5mb
broadband (good enough for me). I just had a call home offering the double
up for free.

> But the offer is only if you upgrade or are using their 30 meg package. 5
is enough for me but 60 meg is very tempting. But after a long conversation
i had to decline:
> a) it involves changing modem to a new "home hub" that they claim to be
compatible with linux. (Risky as i did not check details and did not sound
convincing)
> B) you would get home security that is not compatible with linux
> c) you would get 10gb of online storage that is not compatible with
linux.

> I really do not need any of it but i still felt left out. I have been a
costumer since 2006 (with telewest).
> So after the coversation I requested for feedback to be submitted so that
we (linux users) could have support in future. If i could kindly ask to do
the same if you are offered that would be great.

> They did offer a samsung galaxy ace with enough minutes, text and megs
for £15 a month.

> Not a very double rainbow offer as it could have been.
>
> Regards,
> Andres.
>

> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com

Hi, I am a virgin media customer on the 100mb package. They are upping me
to 120mb and giving me a discount.

I can confirm that although they don't offer linux 'support' all services
with the exception of installable software is completely linux compatible.

Bodsda