Hi,

As a few of you may already know, I've recently decided to quit my job at Mapgears (http://t.co/aIgMAFlf2h). I'm still working at Mapgears as a part-time job but my availability for ubuntugis is limited.

For to goodness of UbuntuGIS, I would like to create a PSC (Project Steering Committee) for the project. There are many competent people on this list and a lot of ubuntu users. The PSC responsabilities would include:

- setting the overall development road map
- improve collaboration with DebianGIS
- trying to bring more developers!
- etc.

I also think UbuntuGIS needs a new senior package maintainer. Jérome did a great job during the summer and will continue to work on the project with Mapgears.. but he is still at school for the moment.

I'd like to hear what you think...

Best Regards,
Alan

--