> believe that it would be an offence under the Act to disclose the fact that
one
> had received a retention notice, because that's how they're worded.

You are, I believe, allowed to stop disclosing that you haven't received a
retention notice since stopping such a disclosure is not saying that you have
received one.

So, it would be really cool if people could work with their legal departments
(or not :-) to send out such "we have not" notices on a timer, and then stop
when they do.

I'd understand folk not wanting to do that and appreciate that I don't run a
service provider. But still...

Adrian