On 30 November 2016 at 22:18, Paul Mansfield <paul+uk...@mansfield.co.uk>
wrote:

> Ideally though, the gov't would run their own fibre into core network
> locations, and pay for the cost of a mirror port to simply feed them
> all the traffic, and then I wouldn't have to care what they did with
> it. That would seem to be the fairest solution!

I agree.

Curiously though, it doesn't seem the home office were interested in
listening to the advice from Internet industry on what could or could not
be collected and how it should be done.  Instead they seem to have invented
their own model of how the Internet works and then extrapolated from that
what information can be gathered, and they've made it law.  Now we have to
do it (whatever "it" is) their way.

We do truly live in a post-truth age where "people have had enough of
experts."

Aled