Hi,

> I think that this is going to be the latest Release candidate. I have upload
> the first test candidate for the next release:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/unattended/files/
> Test on your systems. If not mayor bugs are found it. This file will became
> 4.9.
Ok, so far I've only tested this with a german Windows XP patched to SP3 and
found the following things I'd really (most of them at least) like to see fixed
and/or added:

==========
= Wishlist:  =
==========
- Update the updates scripts for Windows 2000 and 2003.
- Update the updates scripts for Windows XP (see the list below).
- Add a new optional parameter in unattended.txt's [_meta] section to disable
the drivers scan script. Something like "[_meta] drvscan = false". There are
some cases where you don't want to install any drivers.
- Obfuscate the Windows serial (ProductID and ProductKey) in unattended.txt
after the installation is over just like it is done with the passwords.
(replace with xxxxx-xx...) Currently I have to delete the unattended.txt file
after installation so noone can "steal" the Windows serial by just copying it
from there.

=======
= Bugs: =
=======
- The file "packages/mediaplayer9/deu/mpsetup.exe" cannot be downloaded. Link
returns 404. This is a Windows 2000 update. (It might still be available in
other languages but it is not in german and a handful of other languages.)
- In sample-config.pl the line "## default is 'drv-scan' (in
dosbin/install.pl)" says "drv-scan" while it should be "drvscan". (Its both
"drvscan" in the example below and in install.pl at least.)

- During boot the following non-critical messages/warnings are thrown:
--> Warning! ehci_hcd should always be loaded before uhci_hcd and ohci_hcd, not
after
--> ide_generic: please use "probe_mask=0x3f" module parameter for probing all
legacy ISA IDE ports
--> program parted is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert to SG_IO

- In unattended 4.8 I modified the boot parameters to load the german keyboard
layout by using "kbd=de-latin1-nodeadkeys". Now I get the message "cannot open
file de-latin1-nodeadkeys" during boot. With 4.8 I got the message "Loading
/usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwertz/de-latin1-nodeadkeys.map.gz".

- When aborting the master script by pressing "ctrl+c" the following messages
get printed:
--> bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
--> bash: no job control in this shell

===========
= Questions: =
===========
- Why are there no files winxpsp3-up0809.bat, winxpsp3-up0902.bat,
winxpsp3-up0905.bat? Were there really no updates in those months?

=================
= Windows Updates: =
=================

The following Windows Updates for Windows XP SP3 (German) are not installed
during installation but are available through Windows Update:

-------------------
- Critical Updates: -
-------------------

12.8.2008
- Update für Windows XP (KB952287)

10.3.2009
- Update für Windows XP (KB967715)

14.4.2009
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB956572)

11.8.2009
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB973869)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB973815)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB973507)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB973354)

13.10.2009
- Update für Windows XP (KB968389)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB969059)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB971486)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB974571)

24.11.2009
- Update für Windows XP (KB976098)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
- Update für Windows XP (KB973687)

8.12.2009
- Update für Windows XP (KB955759)

9.2.2010
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB978706)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB971468)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB977914)
- Kumulatives Sicherheitsupdate für ActiveX Killbits für Windows XP (KB978262)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB975560)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB978251)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB978037)
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB975713)

Besides those above the following critical updates haven't been installed
either (and should most likely stay that way):
- Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)
- Internet Explorer 8 für Windows XP
- Windows-Tool zum Entfernen schädlicher Software - Februar 2010 (KB890830)

------------------------
- Non-critical Updates: -
------------------------

24.3.2009
- Microsoft Base Smartcard-Kryptografiedienstanbieter-Paket: x86 (KB909520)

24.11.2009
- Update für Stammzertifikate [November 2009] (KB931125)

12.1.2010
- Update für Windows XP (KB971513)

Besides those above the following non-critical updates haven't been installed
either (and should most likely stay that way):

- Windows Media Player 11
- Windows Search 4.0 für Windows XP (KB940157)
- Update für die Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1- und .NET
Framework 3.5-Produktfamilie (KB951847) x86

After installing the critical updates above the following new critical updates
were available for installation:

8.12.2009
- Update für Windows XP (KB971737)
- Update für Windows XP (KB970430)

9.2.2010
- Sicherheitsupdate für Windows XP (KB977165)

After installing the non-critical updates above no new critical or non-critical
were spawned.

Would be nice if at least all the critical updates could be integrated into
unattended so the clients don't have to install that many updates right from
the start through Windows Update.

That's all I found for Windows XP so far. I will continue my tests with Windows
2000 and report back with my results from there.

-
jens