Jens Geile escribió:
> - Update the updates scripts for Windows 2000 and 2003.

I am not able to update those as I do not use those systems. Plus, you
have not a clue how much time take to update the security patch. I need
a volunter (you?) for that.

> - Update the updates scripts for Windows XP (see the list below).

I will review this list later this weekend, but Some updates are not
possible for me to update because I use a script under linux to update
all the languages and some patches ask for a certification of genuine
windows system.

> - Add a new optional parameter in unattended.txt's [_meta] section to disable
> the drivers scan script.

If you do not want to detect drivers do not put any under
<unattended>/install/drivers

> - Obfuscate the Windows serial (ProductID and ProductKey) in unattended.txt

Open a bug on the trac system for this. Someone could have a look.

> - The file "packages/mediaplayer9/deu/mpsetup.exe" cannot be downloaded.

no one is updating windows2000 security patch. Please provide new url
and I will patch it.

> - During boot the following non-critical messages/warnings are thrown:
> --> ide_generic: please use "probe_mask=0x3f" module parameter for probing
> all legacy ISA IDE ports

nothing to worry about.

> --> program parted is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert to SG_IO
This is a cause of using parted 1.6.22, If I update parted then people
start getting a NTLDR not found

> - Why are there no files winxpsp3-up0809.bat, winxpsp3-up0902.bat,
> winxpsp3-up0905.bat? Were there really no updates in those months?

Sometimes updates got replaced by a new version.

> The following Windows Updates for Windows XP SP3 (German) are not installed
> during installation but are available through Windows Update:

I will have a look later.

> - Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)

well... I am not sure if this can be installed unattended...

> - Internet Explorer 8 für Windows XP
 > - Windows Media Player 11

I personally feel that ie7, ie8 and media player should be optional. I
would like include this for all the machines:

> - Windows Search 4.0 für Windows XP (KB940157)
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿? is this a core funcionality?

> - Update für die Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1- und .NET
> Framework 3.5-Produktfamilie (KB951847) x86

you have it on dotnet.bat

> Would be nice if at least all the critical updates could be integrated into
> unattended so the clients don't have to install that many updates right from
> the start through Windows Update.

do you really that this is a tedius task?