Please see Janusz' answers. (He pressed "reply" instead of "reply all", I suppose).
/Sz

Begin forwarded message:

From: jsb...@mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Bień)
Date: 2010. augusztus 6. 14:50:58 GMT+02:00
To: André Szabolcs Szelp <a.sz.sz...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to encode reversed section sign?

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 André Szabolcs Szelp <a.sz.sz...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Janusz,

it would be valueable information whether the reversed section sign
encodes any other semantic than the normal one.

It seemed to me that they are semantically different but now I think I
was wrong. I've checked the first edition of the dictionary and it
uses only one form of section sign.

It would help looking at the "key" of the dictionary which explains
symbols and their usage,

The very dictionary has practically no explicit explanations of symbols
used.

as it might well be, that the typesetter ran
out of normal section signs composing a page, and used that one
instead.

I think now it was probably the case.

On the other hand, if he had the reversed one at hand, that could mean
that it was used otherwhere as well... but then, looking at the
glyphs, this reversed one is definitely from a different typeface, so
it still might be a "character substitution", to speak in digital
manners of an analogue process....

Thanks for you valuable comments.

Janusz

--
                    ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej) Prof. Janusz S. Bien - Warsaw University (Department of Formal Linguistics)