On 2/21/2018 7:28 AM, Philippe Verdy via Unicode wrote:
Now if he had used an emoji that shows the mode of the text it would
have been a lot more obvious, but we already established that the world
does not need emoji.

No, I don't need emojis. Any emoji means all or nothing, they are just unnecessary and annoying eye-catching distractions.
I even hope that there will be a setting in all browsers, OS'es, mobiles, and apps to refuse any colorful rendering, and just render them as monochromatic symbols. In summary, COMPLETETY DISABLE the colorful extensions of OpenType made for them.

Feeling a bit curmudgeony, are we, today? :-)