My comment below.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 9:59 PM, Bruce & Breeanna Rennie <
bren...@dcsi.net.au> wrote:

> Good afternoon to all,
>
> I have modified the original example program that Steve submitted to the
> following
>
> procedure main()
>     local w, el := list(), pl := list()
>     w := open("resize", "g", "size=400,400", "resize=on")
>     while push(pl,Pending(w)) do {
>         push(el,Event(w))
>         x := WAttrib(w, "width");
>         WAttrib(w, "size="||x||","||x)
>         write("pl:", ximage(pl))
>         write("el:", ximage(el))
>     }
>     close(w)
> end
>
> link ximage
>

> When I run this with the following command line
>
> test021 >test021.out
>
> I get the output as shown in the attached file. When one looks at the
> file, one notices that Pending() returns the same list each time and not a
> new list.

That is correct. Pending() returns the window's event queue if the queue
has any events, otherwise it fails.  You could replace the while push above
with L := Pending() and you'd have access to the event queue directly. each
event code in the list is followed by the x/y mouse pointer location - I
think - of where the event took place. You can also create artificial event
by pushing values directly to the list or via Pending() itself something
like:

Pending(w, -10, 100, 200)

--Jafar

The values contained in this list are updated by Pending(). When it starts