My experiments with bluetooth have ground to a halt.

The sloptions were name (Snowberry) and output (btheadset)

I switched the sloptions file back to play via the default output (I
just edited out the -o btheadset)- which worked.

I then switched sloptions back to -o btheadset - this failed to play.

So, I deleted the sloptions file totally - however, this didn't delete
the squeezelite name set previously (I expected to see Squeezelite as
the player, but it stubbornly remains as Snowberry).  Why is it still
picking up a previous NAME, even though there's no sloptions file?

I'm stuck now about how to proceed - should I uninstall squeezelite &
reinstall?