castalla wrote:
> I'm really stuck on this bt setup.  No matter what settings I use, the
> bt sound has disappeared - it does work using aplay.
>
> And investigating this has thrown up an issue - I can't get the
> squeezelite name to change - changing the sloptions entry makes no
> difference.  I uninstalled squeezelite and reinstalled - still the
> earlier name persists.  Uninstall was via truehl's setup routine.
>
> 1. How can I totally uninstall squeezelite from the command line?  Maybe
> some config files are not being uninstalled using the setup routine.
>
> 2. Is there a way to stop squeezelite from the command line? Then I'd
> try to restart from the command line with the -n and -o options?

You need to assign each squeezelite instance a different MAC address (-m
option, use "squeezelite -h" to get the command line format, which you
can use in SLOPTIONS).  LMS distinguishes players by their MAC address
rather than assigned name, and will get mighty confused by multiple
players using the same address. If you leave the option to default it
will use the network card physical address for each instance.

There aren't any files other than the executable, libraries and
SLOPTIONS - don't think it's worth uninstalling anything as my guess is
that your only issue is duplicated MAC addresses.

To stop squeezelite use

    >sudo kill <-PID->

where <-PID-> is the process ID number - to identify this use "top" and
get the PID from the 1st column for the process name squeezelite (in
last column) - exit top with "q".

Hope this helps...