bobertuk wrote:
> I've rebooted many times and always have the same two ip addresses. One
> is assigned by my dhcp server (a BT Home Hub 5), the other is 'just
> there' and is always the same. The one I assign is 192.168.1.85, the
> other is (always) 192.168.1.88. I've deleted the rogue .88 from the hub
> several times but it always reappears.
>
> I'd take a look at the routing tables if I remembered where they were to
> see if deleting references to the IP address would solve it. Thought of
> assigning a static ip instead of dhcp but don't know what DNS servers to
> put in.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

I worked out the settings needed for static IP address and that seemed
to solve the problem - no more second ip. Weird though! Had to delete
the IP address from hub dhcp table of devices - iPeng only showing one
server now :-)

Bob

1 x Touch
1 x Radio
1 x Boom
1 x Wandboard SoA as main server and player running LMS 7.9
Lavry DA-10 DAC
HP PC as secondary server running LMS 7.9
Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM
Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
Behringer DEQ2496
Linn Isobarik DMS