I can add I'm now hearing that 'effect' first hand Paul. Over the last
six or seven hours I have let LMS play uninterrupted, and now I have
around 1.5 seconds delay between the fastest (Touch) and the slowest
(Pi's) players
No mixed samples, all the music has been 224k cbr 44.1 MP3's.
So I am a little confused as to the drift :confused: I can imagine how
44.1 or 48 playing at slightly different speeds due to different DACs
using a single crystal for multiple sampling frequencies. It seems each
DAC handles that slightly differently too :confused:
Still, no drop outs or stalls ...  So I'm happy :)

Cut-Throat, have you tried a fresh burn of 2.0x ?

rPi 3 + rPi 7" + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio dac |rPi 2 +
HiFiBerry Dac+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |