Juggler wrote:
> I've just flashed/installed pCP v3.01 and connected my Topping VX2 USB
> DAC/amplifier via USB. When I set the audio output in the web interface
> to be "USB audio:" (nothing else displays, only USB audio:), save and
> reboot, I do not hear any sound.
>
> From the CLI the DAC does show up as an audio device:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> I see on the USB-DAC section of the pCP homepage that there are
> several Topping DACs that are supported. Can anyone help me get the
> one I have working as well?
>

> I found the command to list the audio outputs that squeezelite sees

Code:
--------------------
  >   > tc@piCorePlayer:~$ /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/squeezelite-armv6hf -l
  > Output devices:
  > null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate
zero samples (capture)
  > sysdefault:CARD=ALSA           - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio
Device
  > sysdefault:CARD=VX2            - VX2, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
  > front:CARD=VX2,DEV=0           - VX2, USB Audio - Front speakers
  > surround21:CARD=VX2,DEV=0      - VX2, USB Audio - 2.1 Surround output to
Front and Subwoofer speakers
  > surround40:CARD=VX2,DEV=0      - VX2, USB Audio - 4.0 Surround output to
Front and Rear speakers
  > surround41:CARD=VX2,DEV=0      - VX2, USB Audio - 4.1 Surround output to
Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  > surround50:CARD=VX2,DEV=0      - VX2, USB Audio - 5.0 Surround output to
Front, Center and Rear speakers
  > surround51:CARD=VX2,DEV=0      - VX2, USB Audio - 5.1 Surround output to
Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
  > surround71:CARD=VX2,DEV=0      - VX2, USB Audio - 7.1 Surround output to
Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
  > iec958:CARD=VX2,DEV=0          - VX2, USB Audio - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital
Audio Output
--------------------

> Many thanks,
> J.

J,

I don't have a PcP player to hand at the moment but you need to enable
either of these two commands on the Squeezelite page,

>  sysdefault:CARD=VX2
>
> front:CARD=VX2,DEV=0

This is from memory, if you click on Main Page tab at the bottom, then
on the beta tab, then on Squeezelite settings, select usb output, save
and then in the drop down box paste either of the above and save.

maybe reboot.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie