edwardthern wrote:
> With so much negativity towards these simple little tweaks I suppose its
> a general consensus that the "Tweaks" section and "Beta" should be
> removed from PiCore.
> At least removed until proper DBT testing can be done to Prove its
> validity?

For may people testing an improvement to audio equipment works one way
and one way only. Theory > testing >conclusion. It does not go Idea >
testing > conclusion.

As an example, there is no rational theory that goes along the lines of
"low latency means better audio quality". If you can come up with a
rational reason why reduced latency improves audio then you have half a
chance of attracting any attention. Otherwise you will have to accept
the fact that an idea doesn't make a theory.

The "just try it" way of doing things will never include rational

I am happy to see the random stuff around, but where it affects the
mainstream I get very, very defensive.

I see random stuff as go faster stripes. They may tweak your ego, but do
nothing for performance.

Finally, I also defend the gold tap brigade. Life would be boring if we
all had the same attitude to life.

Transporter or Cyrus streamX>CyrusDACX>PreXvs>ESPAudio P09B Active
filter>Cyrus X x 2>Rhapsody, Avondale and Naim cable, Kubuntu 14.10
server, various boxes for storage.
SB3 Flycatcher 3A linear power supply. Touch also.
Using SqueezeBoxServer (LMS) 7.8.1
Also piCorePlayer>Rega DAC>B4>Avondale 260>Royd Eden  Kubuntu 14.10
also naim 32.5>hicap>140>Akroyd Coniston
mudlark's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=7151
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=106252