Just to post a final update, I've got everything working nicely. I've
used MusicIP to generate a couple large mixes (~4,500 songs) on my PC,
and have exported to my RPi/LMS.  Dynamic Playlists then uses them based
on the moods I'm interested in.  I probably still need to get better at
how MusicIP works, but it's achieved what I was hoping.

This forum is great and I appreciate the advice and recommendations I've
received over the past month or so.  I started wanting to see if I could
install MusicIP on my QNAP TS119, and now have an RPi with LMS upgraded
and my Transporter still performing nicely.  I'm pleased!