hi noise11,

noise11 wrote:
> hi there! I'm trying to use this guide with a 4inch waveshare instead of
> the 3.5inch, and I'm not sure if is that the problem or what the problem
> is, but all I get is a white screen in tft,

I have read that revision one of the one of the screen boards had this
problem. Don't know if it applies to yours or not.

>  and in the hdmi output "starting jivelite... done" and in yellow
> letters "trying to mount /dev/sda1. done." "newconfig.cfg not found on
> mmcblk0p1. done,

Standard boot messages. No problem here.

> I also tried to copy the waveshare overlay.dtb to mmcblk0p1 via "winscp"
> but i don't have permission to paste files over there. what i'm missing?
> so frustrated

mmcblk0p1 is a fat partition so no permission problem possible but
mmcblk0p1 is unmounted after pCP has booted. (hint: m1)

List of pCP shortcuts:
http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/pcp_aliases.shtml

regards
Greg