rmac321 wrote:
> pCP team,
>
> Thanks a bunch for the ability to write our own wpa_supplicant.conf.
> This now gives us the ability to use the encrypted passphrase instead of
> plain text.  Bonus, we can have more than one network configuration!
> Thanks for this!
>
> For those that take advantage of the encrypted passphrase, remember to
> delete the commented out plain text password before you cut and paste it
> into your wpa_supplicant.conf file or it will be readily viewable from
> the pCP diagnostics pages.  Also note that if you did an insitu upgrade,
> the old plain text wifi.db file is probably still lurking in your home
> folder.

Hi rmac321,

Thanks!

It should be noted that the [ Wifi Settings ] page generates an
encrypted passphrase type wpa_supplicant.conf. This is the new "normal".
So if you created  your wifi settings via wpa_supplicant.conf on boot
partition or insitu upgrade methods (using a password), when you go into
[ Wifi Settings ] you need to re-enter password and the country code and
press [Save]. This is the quickest way to do from the old to the new.

So for using passphrases you don't need to use "#Maintained by user"
method.

ATM we don't convert wifi passwords to wifi passphrases during a
wpa_supplicant.conf on boot partition or insitu upgrade.

Yeah, I only noticed an old wifi.db a couple of days ago, have to get
rid of that! We don't use or load that file anymore but there may be a
copy in your mydata backup. It is save to delete, but you need to a
[Backup] to overwrite you old backup file.

regards
Greg