paul- wrote:
> We have actually been toying with DD based backups, but nothing is
> final.   LMS is what throws the monkey wrench into other methods.

A simple one-button method to clone the SD card to another location
(including another SD card) could be a useful addition to pCP - good
luck making that flexible and foolproof!  You're right about LMS - it
seems to break one of the original big attractions of pCP, namely that
it's immune to loss of power.  Ever since I added the SD card backup to
my regular backups I've felt much more secure, but I've also taken steps
to minimise the chances of accidentally killing the power without
shutting down cleanly first - I have a physical button that initiates a
shutdown, and I watch for the solid green LED before I kill the power.