Hi there, just sharing a fun story here since I can’t share it on
Facebook, my mom reads it ;0)
So I had a pair of speakers lying around, a small stereo amp, a
raspberry pi, when my mother’s integrated shitty CD player died. I
thought well I’ll just package a picoreplayer based stand-alone player
using a usb drive and she’ll have a larger media collection than the
local library !
She lives 650km away from me, so I packaged everything when she last
came, made sure everything ran correctly with dhcp when cold started,
installed the controller on her smartphone and felt confident it would
work once in her place.
Unboxing and wiring took a couple of Skype calls and then nothing
worked, nothing was found by the app: neither server nor player. I even
had her install a network sniffer.
It took me 10mn in a 24h trip to solve it: she had plugged the Ethernet
cable (rj45) in the phone socket (rj11) of her internet box. Didn’t
think of that one.
In the end I’m glad I was there to show her how to use the app!
Another fun fact was that she’s a bit like my kid who always wants me to
read the same stories: she now has access to 5000+ records but insisted
on finding 2...

Syno 415+ with LMS 7.9 -> Picoreplayer 5.0 with Audio-GD I2S hdmi output
-> PS Audio DirectStream -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900
-> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.