Quite a lot of your concerns shouldn't actually be a problem.

Regarding network, you just expose the appropriate ports from the
container to the 'host'. Then all devices would use the 'host' IP
address to communicate with the server. Not sure if that would prevent
auto discovery from working, but if you haven't got that many devices
then it shouldn't be too hard to manually enter the address into them.

Similarly the audio files, if they're available to the host, then it's
simple in Docker to make a host's directory available to the container.

I've got as far as installing a 'base' Alpine VM, and if someone can
assist me with installation instructions I'm going to try to get LMS
installed and running on it. If this works, I should then know what
steps are required to do the same in a Docker container.

My setup is all x86, and I have no real experience of what would need to
be 'build' for Arm. Would need a bit of assistance with that if it ever
got that far.

Andy