Howard Passman wrote:
> RPI 3B+ running  piCorePlayer v6.0.0 | www v0005 | linux
> 4.19.105-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP 7"
> touch screen and HiFi Berry DAC+

> The long and short of it is I'm trying to get some sort of basic remote
> to work on the RPI3B for in my car and don't know where to even start.
> If anyone has gotten one of these remotes to work I would greatly
> appreciate some info.
>
> If anyone can point me in a direction to get me started, I would also
> appreciate that.

See this thread:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110640-Howto-create-a-linux-kernel-IR-remote-keytable-for-Jivelite-on-piCorePlayer-5

All you need to do is connect a TSOP4838 (super easy: direct connections
to Pi pins for Ground, 3.3V, and a GPIO) then use the pCP web UI to
install keytables support and set the GPIO pin setting if you're not
using the default (GPIO 25? 27?). To allow your remote to turn the Pi
"on" when it's "off", in Jivelite you might need to go to Settings >
piCorePlayer a
nd enable the checkbox. That's it. Note: these are "GPIO" pin numbers,
not Pi pin numbers, e.g. GPIO 27 is on pin 13 of a 3b:
https://pinout.xyz/pinout/pin13_gpio27

(Note: that's for getting a real Squeezebox remote working; I don't know
about Kodi codes.)

owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
(which used to reside at www.tux.org/~peterw/)
Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much
time on the forums.
*Free plugins:* AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu
DenonSerial
FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket
SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock