gordonb3 wrote:
> Stay clear of Clear OS (pun intended) if you want it to do something out
> of the box. Clear OS is meant as a nitwit `free` small business server
> featuring several mechanisms that are meant to prevent tampering through
> other means than its web based GUI. In practice this means that when you
> install a third party service requiring a dedicated (POSIX) service
> account Clear OS will automatically delete that account and thus prevent
> you to (re)start that service.
Clear OS is something different then the questioned Clear Linux.
I''m using ClearOS for over 15 years in different versions and it is an
easy install with many options. Simply to use and als you can install
third party services without any issues.
Not sure what happended with your install, but never had any problems.
It is a pretty stable distro, only not always the latests version.  LMS
is running on it without any problems and and it easy to manage the user
account for mail, SMB or Nextcloud.

-
Patrick