Greg Erskine wrote:
> Where did "hw:CARD=Audio,DEV=0" come from?
>
> Should be "hw:CARD=E30,DEV=0". Are you clicking on the list under the
> "more> help" to select it?
>
> Deleting the "Output setting" field means ALSA will use the default
> settings (ie CARD=0,DEV=0) which may be OK, but depending on your RPi
> and setup, it might default to the Headphones or HDMI output.

I'm pretty sure I used the correct string in the Output Settings but
managed to copy and paste the wrong one in my msg. For the last
successful effort I was using -front:CARD=E30,DEV=0- as suggested by
@Man in a van.

All a bit beside the point now as the Pi appears to be dead. After a
good few hours last night of playing, the music just stopped and I've
not been able to boot it at all. On restart I was getting a red light
followed by three maybe four green flashes. I tried reformatting and
re-flashing the card with the PCP OS and now I'm getting eight green
flashes followed by nothing--I gather that's serious. I've asked PiHut
about exchanging the Pi. All being well I'll be able give it another go
then. Thanks for all the support.