dkskl wrote:
> 32 bit version and still the occational dropout.
>
> However i opened the diagnostics page, just to see if i could spot
> something that could look like a bug.
> Mind you, i donĀ“t have any clue, what anything means, when it comes to
> codes, command lines etc., but i found this in the pcp_dmesg.log:
>
> 35796
>
> Could this maybe be the culprit?

Ah, you are on to something! So there is a data transfer problem between
your raspberry Pi and your Allo device. Is that the one requiring two
different power supplies?
I found this link for example where the symptoms are worse (no sound at
all) but error messages are similar (I2S SYNC error) and the solution
found was just changing power supplies for the Allo...
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/56131-roon-shows-0000-skips-to-next-song-and-no-sound-how-i-solved/

If this is the case then you should not have drop-outs using the audio
jack integrated in the raspberry Pi (i.e. removing the Allo device
completely).