themicksa wrote:
> Sorry to be so long in replying (Time Machine and Ventura...hmm. There's
> 3 days of my life I'll not be getting back.)
>
> Anyway I finally got round to adding that overlay code to the config.txt
> file and that seemed to do the trick. All up and running now.
>
> If I can ask one last daft question: I've put this pi together for use
> in my daughter's flat. Is setting it up as it's running now simply a
> matter of changing wifi details, or are there other things need
> adjusting? I tried something similar at a friend's place the other week
> and couldn't get the player—a DAC32 that had been connecting
> happily by wifi at home—to connect to the pi. Perhaps it  was
> something on friend's router, but I ran out of time to check. Not a big
> deal, but wonder if I'm overlooking something.
>
> Thanks your ongoing generous help.

I would

a) Connect with Ethernet and enter the required wifi details either
before you go to the flat or when you are at the flat, whichever is
easier.

b) Burn a copy of a working configuration to another SD card and check
that it works, take it with you as insurance and if all goes well, leave
it at the flat as a backup, or make a copy at the flat and check before
you leave. Remember a SD card reader :)

ronnie