Hi,

full ack here.

For example a simple "initctl enable JOB" will set the appropriate symlink
and "initctl disable JOB" will remove it again. Or instead of a symlink,
just use a texfile with one service per line where initctl adds and
removes enabled job names. e.g. init-ng does it the second way.

The best would be, that if integrating it into initctl ( what would be the
cleanest solution ) one is independent from such tools as chkconfig and
packagers, nevertheless if using rpm or dpkg as package manger could
simply transform their scripts to it, that way package upgrades should be
no problem furthermore.

--
Regards,
                -\- Christian Metzen -/-

Developer and Project Lead for CCux Linux.
check out http://ccux-linux.de/ for more info.
EMAIL : [EMAIL PROTECTED]