J. Landman Gay wrote:

On 3/18/11 2:06 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
Kevin Miller, the ceo, was spotted at a Revcon a couple of years ago using
his own home-made presentation stack.

Yup. And in fact, almost all the conference presentations have been
home-made stacks, and for more recent conferences RR has been sending
out template stacks so everyone's presentations will be more consistent.

Same here. When I presented at SCaLE last month, the MacTech conference in November, an archaeology symposium the year before, and every Rev conference I've attended, I always made my slide shows in Rev.

I find most presentation tools too cumbersome to work with, but with Rev I not only get them exactly how I want them but I can also automate some of their construction from my outlines in ways that would be way too complicated to attempt in PowerPoint of OpenOffice.

At SCaLE someone asked me what I made my presentation in, and I told him I was able to make the presentation and the authoring system to build it all within three hours using a tool called LiveCode. :)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World