On 4/13/20 5:38 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
Hi Jacque

Good news! This is not a bug!

As of Android 9 clear text HTTP is disabled by default. This is much like the
ATS restrictions on iOS. We probably need to add a way to configure this in the
standalone builder for Android like we do for iOS even though it’s not
advisable.

Changing your video url to https resoled the issue.

See
https://developer.android.com/training/articles/security-config#CleartextTrafficPermitted

<https://developer.android.com/training/articles/security-config#CleartextTrafficPermitted>

The bug was me. I didn't know about the HTTPS requirement, but in addition I had to add the SSL library and set hardware acceleration too (I think that's what Colin meant, and I misunderstood.)

Sorry you had to spend time on this, especially since Panos beat you to it.