Not a dangerous assumption at all, I assure you.

I do sympathise:

I made many applications for the United Arab Emirates University about 22 years ago (HyperCard & Toolbook) and was constantly falling foul of my bosses who knew nothing of the exigencies of either MacOS 8.1 or Windows NT, and failed to understand that I just could NOT develop stuff with HyperCard for Macintosh that would exactly resemble
the things I was develpoing for NT with Toolbook.

I subsequently developed a commercial package using RunRev 2 (that's early LiveCode) and fell foul of my employer again because of lack of cross-platform "transparency" between Windows 2000 and MacOS 9.1 and "X".

That was when I decided to make my primary income in a way which involved no bosses of any sort whatsoever, ever again.

I do know what "HowTF" means.

Next week I will be back in a physical classroom in my own EFL school, and, frankly, I could stand on my head and
blow bubbles through my nose, and would only be answerable to myself.

But, when I was 19 I hitch-hiked from Perth (in Scotland) to just south of Edinburgh with a bloke who was a career advisor who told me that everyone should be their own boss by the time they were 40. I didn't quite manage that, becoming my own
boss at 42.

Believe me: the water's warm and contains no sharks. :)

However; what on earth made you believe that LiveCode was 100% cross-platform? This is a bit like believing (when one is 17) that all women (or any at all) will look like the air-brushed freaks one sees in Playboy.

I am sure that my income is far, far less than yours (well, it works out as about £1,000 a month), but the fridge is full, my wife and I only fight about things that are not work-related, and I'm a happy camper.

And as you should be well aware by now; my rants are usually when I get up on my high-horse about something that,
in the great scheme of things, is really neither here nor there. :)

It might be time for you to "run away".

Best, Richmond.