I don't think what you want is possible unless your target users are on very old operating systems. On Mac OS at least, every standalone now has to be notarized . You could build a standalone that launches other standalones, but each of those would also have to be notarized or the Mac won't open it. Windows has some similar limitations too, though there are ways around it if you know how, or at least there used to be. I don't know how Linux manages such things.

However, you *can* build a standalone that opens stacks. Those don't need to be certified, notarized, stapled, verified, or anything else. Only executables need that.

When you get to mobile, it's trickier. For Android, you can distribute standalones without limitations, though users have been taught not to trust third-party distributions unless they know the author (which in your case they probably would.) But you can't build an Android standalone that opens other Android standalones because every app is sandboxed and can't access anything outside of its own box. And for iOS, you can't distribute from anywhere but the App Store, period., which requires a developer account and lots of bureaucratic rigamarole.

But like desktop apps, you can build a single Android app that opens other stacks; typically from a server because unless the app is designed with specific permissions (bestowed by Google review I believe, but not sure) it can't access other files on the device. On iOS, assuming your app is in the App Store, Apple may or may not allow it to download stacks depending on whether their review team views that as a security issue.

If you are building a standalone only for your own use, you are free and clear because anything you create on your own machine is available without restriction.

I think the good old days are over.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jac...@hyperactivesw.com