Hi Trevor, Thanks for the code. If I'm understanding this correctly, it puts the folder contents into the archive as individual files along with an indication of which folder they belong in, then recreates the folder structure during the decompress process.
My need for this is for installation of a folder of resources for a plugin. Currently, the installation process is simply having the user unzip the file then put the plugin stack into their plugins folder. It sounds like I would need to come up with an installation stack to unzip and move everything in order to make this work. Not really anxious to do that but sounds like there's no choice unless I stop using the revZIp stuff and do it another way. Pete lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Trevor DeVore <[email protected]>wrote: > On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Peter Haworth <[email protected]> wrote: > > > Is it possible to add a folder and its contents to a zip archive using > the > > revzipxxx functions? I tried revZipAddItemWithFile pointing to the > folder > > - no error was flagged but when I unzipped the file, the folder was zero > > bytes in length and none of its contents were in there. > > > > Not with the built-in commands. Here is some code that will add a folder to > a ZIP archive as well as unzip a ZIP archive to a folder. There are a lot > of supporting handlers included in the gist. I think I got them all but let > me know if any are missing. > > https://gist.github.com/trevordevore/5246242 > > -- > Trevor DeVore > Blue Mango Learning Systems > www.clarify-it.com - www.screensteps.com > _______________________________________________ > use-livecode mailing list > [email protected] > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your > subscription preferences: > http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode > _______________________________________________ use-livecode mailing list [email protected] Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences: http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
