On 2/9/2017 9:19 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
>> On 10 Feb 2017, at 1:03 pm, Tom Glod via use-livecode
>> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> trying to export snapshots of lage groups with many image controls. ....
>> can't get past 10k
> 10k controls or 10k pixels. Control rect origins are 16 bit ints and sizes
> are 16 bit unsigned ints so if you are trying to position a control at >
> 32767 then it won’t work. That won’t change when we compile the engine as 64
> bit.

This is one reason I asked what specific limits are being run into. Juts
making "64-bit" versions of LC for OSX or Window will not magically fix
all limits in LiveCode that exists. Many are based on a coded 16 bit or
32 bit bounds. When running into limits, it is better to report the
specific limit - as a bug report at http://quality.livecode.com/ -
rather than looking for 64 bit versions of the engine. It *may* be that
64 bit address spaces is needed to expand the limit, but the again, it
may not.