On 7/16/17 3:33 PM, Bob Hall via use-livecode wrote:

On Jul 16, 2017, at 3:37 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

This is going to totally screw up a macro I've been using for 15+ years. I know
I'm a voice in the wilderness but if this gets officially implemented I hope
there's an option to turn it off, or supply your own key combination.

LOL. I haven’t been using the control-tab for 15 years to switch between edit
and run modes. However, I had been using it for 3 years. Yes it was painful for
me to switch my favorite key sequence. But it had to be done.

The control-tab “fix” I’m proposing will only effect MacOS users and I would
not expect Linux or Windows users to be effected at all by the MacOS
control-tab. If you are on Linux/Windows it should not matter whether the
Script Editor is top window or not.

I don’t expect an easy adoption of this “new” key combination by Livecode. If
adopted, I would also not expect an option to turn it on/off or change the
combo as the behavior is considered to be a standard key combo of MacOS, right?

If you are using control-tab with a custom macro, see if control-` might work
for you. If not, possibly option-tab?

I used Cmd-tab for 20 years, which was the HC standard before LC, and painfully switched to Control-tab when Apple stole that key combo from us. I don't want to do that again.

But since the change only affects the script editor, it isn't as drastic as I was afraid of.