Hi Bob

Yes, your interpretation is right. InnoSetup didn’t mind the line
PrivilegesRequired line (no error flagged up) but the behaviour of the final
step of the installation - launch the app - gave the same error as before. But
modifying the Standalone Settings as you suggested did the trick. I agree with
your opinion of the UAC default. What I don’t understand is why there haven’t
been more complaints about this. Heaven knows, it’s a pretty obscure and
irritating process (creating installers for OS’s that one doesn’t know
intimately) but you’d think others would have had the same problems as I did.

Graham